I am not talking about the new Lollipop which encrypts everything by default. The older versions, such as Androd 4.2.1/4.2.2 etc. Suppose you went to settings -> security -> encryption, and chose full disk encryption. All files on disk are now encrypted. Now, if you create a new file on the disk 5 minutes later, would that be automatically encrypted right away, or would you need to encrypt it again using full disk encryption?View original question
After Full Disk Encryption, are all subsequent new files automatically encrypted?
Ask by : learnerX April 09, 2015 22:37
Answer by : IzzyApril 09, 2015 22:37
First, both encryptions you name are the same – only that Lollipop enforces this automatically on some devices.
Second: it's not the files being encrypted, but the entire partitions – thus everything saved to it ends up in (using simple terms) an "encrypted container". Everything transparent, so you won't notice. No need to re-encrypt.View original answer
- Modify file without creating a copy
- Do apps included in the gApps zip get updated via Google Play?
- Why is it that whenever I partition my sd card outside CWM it doesn't get recognized by my phone?
- How to restore internal flash storage after reformatting?
- Making the browser remember its current location when minimized
- Are there any issues if buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 without memory?
- Can't get Google Play after flashing firmware
- Is it safe to restore the phone.apk from a stock Samsung ROM to CM9?
- Installing a Boot Animation without using Root Explorer
- automatically turning on usb mass storage when usb is connected
- Is there an application / ROM that allows me to set the phone to "Guest" mode which I can configure?
- Will an Android phone connect to Wi-Fi and download apps without a subscription?
- How to avoid looping the album/playlist automatic?
- How do I expand my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray internal storage?
- Can I use my Nexus7 charger to charge my Android phone?
- What is a "Top Developer" in Google Play?
- Where are saved pages stored?
- Formatting (or reinstalling) Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 infinite login redirect with 2 step authentication
- How do I enter twrp recovery?
- Kindle Fire Power Adapter Specs
- How do I remove the confirmation alert when choosing Silent mode?
- Whatsapp - last time seen online - what does it mean?
- How to remove all of default speed dials of Opera Mobile?
- Why is pressing touch tone keypad not transmitted during calls?
- HTC One S vibration keeps getting turned on for normal profile
- Does Android USB host mode depend on an OTG cable?
- Prevent Android ICS downloading updates automatically
- How do Google Play app updates work? Are they free?
- Is there a way to get GPS to work without Google Location Service constantly enabled?