I am not talking about the new Lollipop which encrypts everything by default. The older versions, such as Androd 4.2.1/4.2.2 etc. Suppose you went to settings -> security -> encryption, and chose full disk encryption. All files on disk are now encrypted. Now, if you create a new file on the disk 5 minutes later, would that be automatically encrypted right away, or would you need to encrypt it again using full disk encryption?View original question
After Full Disk Encryption, are all subsequent new files automatically encrypted?
Ask by : learnerX April 09, 2015 22:37
Answer by : IzzyApril 09, 2015 22:37
First, both encryptions you name are the same – only that Lollipop enforces this automatically on some devices.
Second: it's not the files being encrypted, but the entire partitions – thus everything saved to it ends up in (using simple terms) an "encrypted container". Everything transparent, so you won't notice. No need to re-encrypt.View original answer
- Download progress notification and Google Play Store showing different progress percentage
- Reviving my Bricked Tablet via adb and Samsung's Download Mode
- How to install apk from sd
- Samsung USB Driver for Windows 10 - Android Studio
- booting Android lenovo A6000+
- How to install kitkat in oppo?
- What does rooting, bootloader, twrp and recovery mean?
- Where is data of Google Play Services located in device? Can I safely delete it?
- Blu Dash JR K locked-out; "Yes" confirmation option to reset is not present in recovery mode
- CM12 for Htc desire 610 at&t?
- How to remove Google box from home screen
- Would Android 4.3 mount exFAT formatted external SD card automatically without requiring additional software?
- Can I make the status bar update less often?
- Can't uninstall app says already uninstalled
- How to use ADB to list remote directories?
- On Android, how can I disable Google Chrome's incognito mode?
- LG Escape 2 - bricked
- mdnsd drains a lot of battery power in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. How do I find out which app calls it to run?
- What to do if my samsung tab keeps on resetting itself?
- HTC Rapid Charge 2.0 overheating battery
- When you lock down a Lollipop device to disable Chrome's incognito mode, this creates an XML "restrictions file". What actual XML is inside the file?
- How can I find which apps/packages reference a given permission using command line?
- Android tablet kiosk development
- Do I have to buy or need a 3D-enabled phone to use Google Cardboard?
- Is it possible to store app data on the cloud
- Play Store error: "Check your connection and try again", tried all possible solutions
- Can I encode an NFC tag to send HTTP POST data?
- Hidden gesture to scroll to top of SMS list, or glitch?
- When should fstrim run?
- Why I can't follow more than 600 users on Instagram from Android device?