Whats the use of LOST.DIR folder actually? why does is automatically appear after every reboot?View original question
What does the LOST.DIR folder contain?
Ask by : CrossBones April 10, 2015 10:00
Answer by : MohsenApril 10, 2015 10:00
Lost.dir is a system folder. Its a place where the Android OS places files that were recovered during a system boot up.
What is the folder for?
Its quite evident that there is no application named LOST.DIR installed on your device. At times the folder's size can range in gigabytes. In such situations one may wonder about the contents of the folder and its use, and whether it is safe to delete the folder to save memory.
Can I delete the contents of LOST.DIR ?
In order to save precious memory space its completely normal to delete the contents of LOST.DIR as it only acts as a recycle bin. You can also delete the LOST.DIR folder itself but it will reappear the next time the system boots up. When your Android system throws up a message saying 'Preparing external SD card' its actually checking the contents of LOST.DIR, and if it fails to locate the directory, it creates one.
View original answer
- Is there a way to block access to or wipe my Google data for a lost/stolen phone
- How to play/record sound from Debian chroot?
- Dialog boxes only work when tablet is tipped! DDouble letterss?
- How the f*&% to stop voice-to-text from censoring profanity?
- Where does Adidas Micoach loads music files?
- I cancelled SIM unlock and now I cannot unlock the device
- What is the difference between running/installing cm7 off SD and EMMC for Nook Color?
- What does the green/amber/red light next to the time remaining in navigation mean?
- How to switch sd cards when using a data2whatever (d2w) custom ROM?
- What is Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 usable screen resolution?
- How can I change the Locale in the default browser?
- How can I circumvent regional restrictions in Google's Play Store?
- What is my phone doing when the boot takes a long time?
- Restore specific items using Titanium Backup without root?
- Correct text message time after boot up
- How do I activate voice dial outside the U.S.?
- Editing multi-line text in address book fields
- A Subversion client on my tablet Asus Transformer?
- Reusing old Android phone?
- How can data on an unrooted phone be backed up?
- How do I share files on my mobile over WiFi?
- Wheel behaviour for HTC Desire (setting alarm)
- Recovery boot not working properly - cannot select items
- Where do I start if I want to learn custom modding an android device?
- Can I tether iPhone 3G to EEE Pad Transformer?
- How do I delete a Google Plus Huddle message?
- Can I install CyanogenMod in Samsung Galaxy I5510?
- Galaxy Gio doesn't find GPS satellites after minutes of searching
- Why does Navigation keep choosing a different route?
- Help Uninstalling Stubborn Application