Whats the use of LOST.DIR folder actually? why does is automatically appear after every reboot?View original question
What does the LOST.DIR folder contain?
Ask by : CrossBones April 10, 2015 10:00
Answer by : MohsenApril 10, 2015 10:00
Lost.dir is a system folder. Its a place where the Android OS places files that were recovered during a system boot up.
What is the folder for?
Its quite evident that there is no application named LOST.DIR installed on your device. At times the folder's size can range in gigabytes. In such situations one may wonder about the contents of the folder and its use, and whether it is safe to delete the folder to save memory.
Can I delete the contents of LOST.DIR ?
In order to save precious memory space its completely normal to delete the contents of LOST.DIR as it only acts as a recycle bin. You can also delete the LOST.DIR folder itself but it will reappear the next time the system boots up. When your Android system throws up a message saying 'Preparing external SD card' its actually checking the contents of LOST.DIR, and if it fails to locate the directory, it creates one.
View original answer
- Keep Pokémon Go from taking over audio
- App to stream music as if it was a phone call
- What happens if you install another phone's kernel on yours?
- Any security difference between root based firewall (AFWall+) and non-root based ones (NetGuard)?
- How to write android shell history to file
- How to change the default action for when phone is plugged in to a computer?
- Moto G XT1045 is stuck in airplane mode
- Charging my device from power bank with two-way USB-C cable?
- Using drony to enable system wide ABP
- Disable Pattern lock with usb debugging or Login to WiFI network
- Cannot log in to google account when on data (works on Wifi)
- Why is Android refusing to resolve DNS records pointing to internal IP addresses?
- Stuck at Logo, Download Mode doesn't appear, Vol buttons don't work in Recovery mode
- Android process needed for location
- Google Translate offline translation
- Is there a way to input a specific language with keyboard that is not supported by the android
- Is there a way to project and control a android screen on PC using USB connection
- ADB detects but, fastboot does not detect device in windows 10
- Is there any way, how to make dualboot on android device?
- Samsung Galaxy I939 Sim card not recognized after Cyanogenmod
- Google App "search pending" notification stuck on Marshmallow
- SM N900A rooted Google Play Store Immediate Shutdown Hosts File Deleted
- Using another phone's GPS signal as location
- Which phone configuration is better?
- Is there a way to automate data toggle on Galaxy S7 (Edge)
- Touch Screen for Clock
- Since which Android version does it detect internet connectivity on Wi-Fi?
- Network latency spikes every 20 seconds
- How to mute an email thread in Google Inbox on Android?
- Altering left-right sound balance on Android 6.0.1