I have heard that many Samsung devices have a flash counter so that the company can know if the device had been rooted, even if the device was unrooted later. Are such flash counters or any similar software default in every Android device ? I have an Asus Zenfone 5. Does it too have similar software like Samsung's flash counter ? Thanks in advance.View original question
Are flash counters a part of Android?
Ask by : ramkiran November 11, 2015 16:32
Answer by : rjt.rockxMarch 30, 2015 17:53
It is not built into Android, but is built into the bootloader. Not all Android devices have it.
As said by @GiantTree, the easiest way is to boot into the bootloader and checking the screen output. Asus devices in general, don't have any such counter.
Samsung uses a flash counter or the Knox counter, which is triggered when any changes are made to the stock partitions. Knox is tough to reset, but apps like Triangle Away can reset the flash counter.
Rooting usually does not trigger any flash counter, except in cases where you have to install the SuperUser (su) binary manually by flashing it. A clean unroot will, in most cases, restore the counter if it is triggered.
For more information, please see this link : http://www.kingoapp.com/help/samsung-knox-counter.htm
Although the above link contains material related to the Kingo Root App, it contains well-explained information regarding this topic.View original answer
- Front camera is reversed
- How to change the user in ES File Explorer
- Add a screenshot as attachment in Gmail android 5
- Phone seems to have WiFi connection, but loses connection to internet
- Is my android when turned on constantly sending radio data to my provider?
- Turn off automatic loading of MMS messages
- How do I root my Azpen A727 tablet?
- My Internal storage is being apparently not internal, and cannot move apps to sd
- Stagefright security issue: what can a regular user do to mitigate the issue without a patch?
- Exclude possibility of damage of Android device while chargin with another charger
- Can I open Chrome on Android from command line ?
- Send SMS through internet to another country
- adb backup command on non-rooted device creates an empty backup file?
- Switch to default keyboard in password fields
- Android Studio doesn't detect my LG G Stylo
- How can I view an Excel file in MS Outlook OneDrive on my phone?
- Hotmail contacts not syncing in android 5.1 GPE
- How do I manage users on my HTC One with Android 5?
- Chrome and Skype takes up a lot of storage
- Permission denied for “dd” of Android phone's file system connected over mtpfs in Ubunutu 14.0.4
- control shield with phone
- Is Applock by Gizmoquip safe?
- How can I enable debugging on LG G Stylo smart phone?
- Samsung Galaxy s6 Music Player Track Sort
- Where is the "download mode" code stored?
- Do people in your circles/contacts see your downloaded apps in their recommendations?
- save facebook images via chrome
- What framework/app executes the lockscreen on android 4.2.2
- What's the complete map from letter to mobile network type?
- Set up and install non play store apps to multiple devices?