Is there a way to disable GPS if not in use by any app – either provided by Android itself or, if that's not possible, by use of a third-party app?View original question
How to disable GPS if not in use?
Ask by : orschiro April 09, 2015 16:10
Answer by : IzzyApril 09, 2015 16:07
As Aleks pointed out, GPS only "drains battery" when accessed – its battery use in standby is negligible (see my answer here for some statistics). You can see whenever some app is accessing it, as then the cross-hair GPS icon appears in the notification bar.
However, some (badly coded) apps might be "hammering" GPS for location details. If you encounter such an app (but cannot live without that particular one), there are some automation tools which can take care for that (see e.g. our tasker tag-wiki) – and e.g. turn GPS of as soon as that "waster" starts, or after a delay of say 1 min to allow it for one fix and not more.View original answer
Answer by : Aleksandar StefanovićMarch 29, 2015 18:49
GPS is automatically turned-off when not in use by apps. That said, apps can use GPS even if they work in background. So, I guess that your concern should be checking the apps that use GPS in the background, rather than turning it off completely.View original answer
- Is adb backup usable in case of soft-brick?
- Moto G 2nd Gen Touch Screen Stopped working
- Any way to have Location services turn itself off after a time limit?
- Detect when an app crashes with tasker and force close it and finally launch it again
- Installed CWM on note 2, but the phone is not rooted
- How to select all messages Inbox Google?
- How to find missing application?
- Pictures gone after Nandroid backup restored
- Use Android fully independent from Google products
- Factory reset Samsung Galaxy S3 without screen
- Bluetooth issues on note 2 when paired to speaker
- Is there a way I can prevent the back button from going to the home screen?
- Completely disable hardware and software buttons
- What is accessibility feature in Android?
- Leanest android mod?
- backing up apps for firmware upgrade
- How to root a Huawei GL07S phone?
- Exchange contacts don't show up in Contacts app
- Flash Cyanogen version from Omni version
- Default music player restarting song on Bluetooth reconnect
- Should Dalvik Cache be wiped in ART
- Is it possible to play DVDs (or other "optical" media) from file images on Android?
- How to do USB tethering using Android device which does not have SIM card?
- Old fashioned menu button
- How can I keep an app (not made by me) running in the background continuously
- Transferring continuous Android camera feed to PC through USB (in a background app/service)
- Limit Phone Data Usage
- IM-A870L Radio Interface Layer broke down
- Activate face recognition in the new Google Photos
- How can I get more Telegram stickers?