Is there a way to disable GPS if not in use by any app – either provided by Android itself or, if that's not possible, by use of a third-party app?View original question
How to disable GPS if not in use?
Ask by : orschiro April 09, 2015 16:10
Answer by : IzzyApril 09, 2015 16:07
As Aleks pointed out, GPS only "drains battery" when accessed – its battery use in standby is negligible (see my answer here for some statistics). You can see whenever some app is accessing it, as then the cross-hair GPS icon appears in the notification bar.
However, some (badly coded) apps might be "hammering" GPS for location details. If you encounter such an app (but cannot live without that particular one), there are some automation tools which can take care for that (see e.g. our tasker tag-wiki) – and e.g. turn GPS of as soon as that "waster" starts, or after a delay of say 1 min to allow it for one fix and not more.View original answer
Answer by : Aleksandar StefanovićMarch 29, 2015 18:49
GPS is automatically turned-off when not in use by apps. That said, apps can use GPS even if they work in background. So, I guess that your concern should be checking the apps that use GPS in the background, rather than turning it off completely.View original answer
- Missing modem.bin from stock rom
- Can Nexus devices be SIM locked?
- How to root Acer Iconia A100?
- How to disable the "waterdrop sound" played when locking or unlocking the screen
- What is this circular icon that keeps appearing/dissapearing?
- Do devices with a fingerprint scanner secure access to the bootloader/recovery
- Chrome not downloading PDFs on Marshmallow
- Google music: offline listening after subscription expires?
- How to improve battery lasting in Android?
- Is there any shortcut to turn on flashlight in Android?
- Lollipop update - Where did my active display setting go?
- What is a canonical battery test that I can use before and after upgrading the OS version?
- Do not disturb/Priority mode until next alarm on Android 6.0
- Enabling USB debugging from open file system access using custom recovery
- fast boot oem unlock does nothing. No output
- Cannot install Chrome or Google Drive on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P1000)
- In Chatsecure conversations, what is the meaning of the little ticks and crosses?
- htc evo 3d wifi connected but internet not working
- New phone - New SIM or Old
- How to disable stock lock screen
- How does the Linux filesystem on Android get mapped to "Computer\PhoneName\Phone" on Windows 7?
- Configure screen on/off: charging/time of day
- Mobile network sign disappears, replaced by "stop sign" icon
- Updated version number not showing
- Activate Tethering with ADB - Android 5.1
- How do I add a link from a Calendar entry to a Contact entry?
- Does it mean that Memory usage of app same as size of app
- Difference between Gapps
- How do I disable all emoticons on incoming/outgoing text messages?
- Can't remove default app for an action in any way