Is it possible to assign a static IP address without a DNS in Android 5.1? Is there anyway to achieve it? I can do this in iOS so I'm wondering.View original question
Is it possible to assign a static IP address without a DNS?
Ask by : Rhyuk April 02, 2015 16:08
Answer by : MohsenMarch 23, 2015 16:32
Check this :
if doesnt work or you can't find it, for dns,
set Google dns. Example :
Dns1 : 22.214.171.124 Dns2 : 126.96.36.199
hope this helps.View original answer
Answer by : IzzyApril 02, 2015 16:08
First, without DNS the network connection won't be much helpful to you: you will need DNS to resolve host names to IPs – or entering something like
www.google.com into the browser's address bar will just give you an error.
Which does not mean you cannot use a DNS server other than Google's.
From your homescreen:
- Press the Menu key, select Settings
- Go to your WiFi settings, where your list of known/available networks is displayed
- Long-Tap (tap-and-hold) the entry for your AP
- Select Edit
- Tap Advanced
Now you will see a form allowing you to override things: you can disable DHCP, then specify a fixed IP plus the related network settings – mask, default route, and – Tada! – DNS servers.View original answer
- Vanilla Android
- Recommended way to restore transparency about permissions after Google Play store changed rules
- How can I send a group sms using my google voice number?
- How to find in page in google chrome mobile?
- What does it mean by Gradle in Android Studio?
- Which Android version/phone can control per-app access permission?
- Google keyboard gestures not working for other languages than English (Moto G, Android 4.4.4)
- SSH server that can be configured to only allow connections over wifi hotspot interface
- Is it possible to prevent numbers in text from being dialled
- "Error while downloading
. There is insufficient space on the device"
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus Bootloop. Cannot format or write data
- Improve scrolling lag in Android
- How to force built-in apps to update on a brand new android device?
- Where can I find SIM settings in Huawei Ideos X5?
- What is the use of Google Settings app?
- Why does the in-call volume change on its own on my Samsung Galaxy S3?
- Setting Skype as The Default Dialer on Nexus 5
- Find application size on Google Play Store
- xolo q1011 can't root
- Huawei Ascend G510 do I need to unlock bootloader and root to flash a custom ROM with CWM
- How to Create Additional Google Play Account Under 1 Google Account?
- Grant access to the phone to additional users
- Where to get help for unrooted phone that won't boot after switching from original carrier?
- What really happens during a factory reset? Does it securely erase all data?
- Can I send a link from my phone to my desktop?
- 4K Video Recording with the Camera2 API
- Mp3 not showing in library
- how can android keep a TCP connection alive when changing network provider?
- Validate a OTA.zip
- All app icons not showing up in my home screen