Is it possible to assign a static IP address without a DNS in Android 5.1? Is there anyway to achieve it? I can do this in iOS so I'm wondering.View original question
Is it possible to assign a static IP address without a DNS?
Ask by : Rhyuk April 02, 2015 16:08
Answer by : MohsenMarch 23, 2015 16:32
Check this :
if doesnt work or you can't find it, for dns,
set Google dns. Example :
Dns1 : 188.8.131.52 Dns2 : 184.108.40.206
hope this helps.View original answer
Answer by : IzzyApril 02, 2015 16:08
First, without DNS the network connection won't be much helpful to you: you will need DNS to resolve host names to IPs – or entering something like
www.google.com into the browser's address bar will just give you an error.
Which does not mean you cannot use a DNS server other than Google's.
From your homescreen:
- Press the Menu key, select Settings
- Go to your WiFi settings, where your list of known/available networks is displayed
- Long-Tap (tap-and-hold) the entry for your AP
- Select Edit
- Tap Advanced
Now you will see a form allowing you to override things: you can disable DHCP, then specify a fixed IP plus the related network settings – mask, default route, and – Tada! – DNS servers.View original answer
- How can I stream my android phone screen to my laptop computer?
- Using ADB without MTP support
- Xposed framework on android L (5.0.2)
- Where in the filesystem are settings saved? Namely ADB backup password
- phone doesn't boot after installing launcher
- Apps suddently stopped sending notifications on my Nexus 7 (2013) running Lolypop 5.0.2
- Send Android Notifications(like SMS, Gmail, WhatsApp) to PC
- Downloading all my Dropbox files to my Android
- Where to do I find my saved book files on my root device?
- How to debug inetd server on rooted Android phone?
- Stereo mix functionality in Android?
- Difference between installing SuperSU using Play Store versus a custom recovery that installs it from a file?
- Enable LTE on Nexus 6 with Lollipop
- bsnl is709c android tablet is not booting up
- set persistent search bar
- Certain applications icons are missing in Nova Launcher
- ADB over TCPIP connects, but no command works after connection has been done
- Should I install cm12 nightly builds incrementally?
- What happens if I factory reset the phone after upgrading to Lollipop?
- How can I find my phone when it's on silent/vibrate mode?
- How to determine maximum capacity of a battery in mAh? - received fake battery
- LG D850 does not show on PC using MTP - PA 4.6
- Maps not pointing in the right direction
- Installing Google Account on i9500 on leaked 5.0.1
- Does a device with no physical SIM slot have an IMEI?
- Tapping an NFC tag which contains an URL. (How) can I override the default action (browser launch)?
- Why I can't scan the WhatsApp QR?
- How to scan QR code for WhatsApp Web?
- Is there a flight mode feature where i can still browse the web?
- How to allow apps to delete SD card content