In a burst of energy in the past I installed twrp. But when I attempted to install 5.1 on my nexus 7 2012 by following the prompts, it dumped me into twrp with no information on how to proceed. Do I just hit the install button and find the update in my downloads folder and install that way?View original question
upgrade to lollipop 5.1 using twrp?
Ask by : dcoli June 28, 2016 14:55
Answer by : Emanuel MoecklinJune 28, 2016 14:55
I tried to flash the rom manually but failed miserably (ran into this page).
I decided to use the Nexus Root Toolkit (download here) to go back to stock Android 5.1 (losing everything on the device of course). That worked like a charm and re-rooting it afterwards was simple enough Rooting guide for 5.1.1.
In the past whenever a new Android version came out I had to flash back to stock Android to get the update and then re-root it. I'm sure some people manage to update without erasing everything...View original answer
- How can I take on-device screenshots of "secure" apps?
- ARP-Scan / aNmap alternatives on Android?
- SP Flash tool mediatek - cannot add download agent
- Verify if apps are fully compatible to the intended Android version upgrade
- Force Google Chrome to load background pages
- Is Enable LOCK AND ERASE in Android device manager wipe all data in lost phone?
- Huawei ascend p7: no USB connection methods
- Disabling Samsung Applications without root permissions?
- How to remove camera shortcut on lock screen?
- Battery charging time calculation
- Updating phone-firmware based on phone carrier
- Fast Charging by Qualcomm 3.0- impact on battery?
- How to remap device's sensors to touch screen?
- Can I have two separate minecraft apps on my sole account?
- How can I install Google Apps on Cyanogenmod for the Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)?
- Closing a window within an activity using adb shell commands
- How can I install Google Play on my Samsung Galaxy A5?
- Can I recover a soft-bricked Galaxy A5 without voiding the warranty?
- What is DSMLawmo? How to remove it?
- Make Gmail auto-delete old emails from phone
- Do device administrators have access to other user accounts?
- Huawei P8 lite does not ask for user name password for connecting to WI-FI
- Android definition of charge cycle?
- Where is the settings option to Divert or block incoming calls
- Where are selected ringtone configuration is stored?
- Trebuchet search application by name
- How can I move apps to SD on non-adopted Marshmallow storage?
- Phone stuck in bootloop after installing Chainfire 3D app
- Google app displaying temperature in Fahrenheit
- In Android 6, how to deny an app permission to access the network?