i am using stock android on my Micromax Canvas A1 (Android one) with android 4.4.4, it works pretty well but issue occurs when i move my install application to SD card and clear its data as well catch (tried in either way) then every application which i moved has been crashing on launching and can't use it, if i move them back to phone memory then strangely it works like charm, Other issue i been facing is sometimes i try to make call then contact/people have been force closed? does any one provide me solution? or anyone having information why it happens?View original question
Stock android moving app to SD card force close applications
Ask by : Apar Amin March 19, 2015 17:05
Answer by : Joe SewellMarch 19, 2015 17:05
KitKat doesn't allow you to move apps to the SD card, only to "external storage," which is often a separate partition of internal storage. If your specific device doesn't have a separate "external storage" area, then it could actually be using the SD card (which is rare in KitKat), in which case there could be a problem with your SD card.
First off, make sure that the apps you are moving support running from external storage. The Applications Settings panel should be able to tell you this, just in case app2sd is getting it wrong somehow. You should also know that some apps don't work well outside of internal storage even though they've been marked as supporting it.
I'm also assuming here that you're not moving Package Manager or any internal app to the SD card, and that when you "move my install application" really means "move applications that I've installed."
Regarding Contacts stopping unexpectedly, I've experienced that as well. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that yet.View original answer
- Installing an app from Play Store using the command line
- self-signed certificate install claims success, but android acts as if cert isn't there
- Do I really need an SD-card?
- Factory reset after purchase
- Is there a way to backup contents of internal SD, while preserving the file's modification date?
- Why are my messages hidden under the keyboard in the Hangouts app?
- Asus ME302KL tablet halts on loading
- Installing stock ROM - at 65% get error assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/oemsbl2.img", "oemsbl2") Status(7), Installation Aborted
- Restoring purchase of premium features after reinstall
- Can an intent to open the camera specify a prefix to the names of any photo's taken?
- Where are dialer's "All Contacts" coming from?
- Is there a video player that supports the orientation flag?
- Device admin policy and multiple users
- In which Programming Language Android had Developed
- Why are there a ton of Logcat processes slowing down phone?
- Adding more widgets in 'Widget' Lock screen style of HTC One X
- How long should the "Downloading" screen take?
- Is there an easy way to invert colors?
- HDMI connected on Google Nextbook 8 when no HDMI connected
- Is there a contact book that allows partial access for apps?
- How can I read the chat logs from WhatsApp messenger on my Windows machine?
- Beaglebone Black doesn't obtain 169.254.xxx.xxx IP
- Why hasn't my Galaxy S3 received the 4.3 update?
- Need to force close the "Phone" (Dialer) app manually
- How to take backup of all the data of all the apps from canvas 4 mobile
- Sony Xperia ZR fastboot driver
- Any way to change my caller id?
- Apps don't launch in a separate "window"
- What does "Keep wifi on during sleep" mean?
- Nexus 7 ('13 CM11 Nightly) keeps waking up while charged