There seems to be slight variations of this question that have been asked to no avail, but is there a way to mirror my pc desktop to my android device STRICTLY using a USB cable? I've seen may solutions for this using wifi such as splashtop and windows remote desktop, but my I don't have access to wifi or mobile data on my android device.View original question
Mirroring PC screen to android via USB
Ask by : Blake November 15, 2016 16:51
Answer by : TurboFoolMarch 17, 2015 02:10
No. Both ends lack functionality for this. USB isn't designed to output in this way without pricey adapters that act as port replicators, forcing your CPU to act as a virtual video card, then outputting through a video port on the replicator, and adding USB, Ethernet, etc. But then you'd need to go from that adapter to your phone, and your phone has no inputs for this type of communication, or software functionality to handle it.View original answer
Answer by : DarkShadowsX5October 29, 2015 08:00
Yes you can using "Mobile Pc Monitor" you can do just that. there is also Twomon USB but that cost $9. Download the free "Mobile Pc Monitor" app from google play and the server from http://www.usbmobilemonitor.com after installation go to display properties on you pc and click detect. change the mode to mobile pc monitor display and it should work depending on your phone. (and no pc reboot)
"TurboFool" apparently doesn't know much about data cables or software... in the end its all 1s and 0s and usb data cables and computers love those things. DVI, and HDMI cables are designed FOR monitors to connect directly to the displays control board. that gives the best refresh rates, and quality. Some phones even have Mini HDMI ports to steam video. I been doing the same thing with my psp via data cable and pspDisplay so it was a matter of time to find a program that does the same for my android phone.
You can stream video over usb via software and thats exactly what the app I mentioned does. The server program running on your PC captures the video thats sent to the monitor changes it to a usable format and sends that to the phone via data cable. The app then interprets those signals and displays the image. I been looking for the same solution for days and just found it. It works on my Galaxy S4 np. you can definitely send those 1s and 0s though the usb cable but at some loss of quality.
Both those programs give you the ability to extend your display to the phone as if it were another monitor. Thats something "PspDisplay" didn't do. you can also just duplicate one of your monitors to the phone. touch screen works as a mouse as well so its not just a monitor its a whole new input device.View original answer
- Any difference between the back ups made by Titanium and Nandroid?
- Send Navigation Audio to handset but music to bluetooth
- How to enter CWM recovery on an encrypted Galaxy S3?
- Android Jelly Bean help or user manual
- Can I set the alarm to stop after some time?
- How can I run WhatsApp so that I am always online?
- Link contact to Twitter handle
- Installing Android apps from Samsung store to non Samsung Android device like htc phone
- Calendar widget showing the wrong event dates
- Why has my GSIII's battery life dropped from 50-60 hours to 16 hours?
- How to remove app from wishlist?
- Is it possible to restore a ClockWorkMod backup to an emulator
- Why do I not get the new YouTube ui on my tablet?
- Are rooted Android phone more vulnerable to Malware Apps than non-rooted ones?
- Need to disguise Tasker app in the notification bar?
- How can I manually extract my contacts from a backup image of Android?
- Should I backup .odex files too?
- Why is one folder on my Samsung Galaxy SII not being properly showed on PC?
- Disable open Google Search by sliding up from the home button "feature"?
- Memory settings menu inconsistently shows internal storage half-empty and completely full at the same time
- SD card won't mount when Xperia Neo V is connected to Ubuntu 12.10
- Nexus 10 "shareable" part of Android 4.2?
- Why is my phone slow?
- What the difference between miracast and DLNA?
- android device as Digital Media Renderer (the DMR of DLNA)?
- Factory reset a device - settings app does not work
- Does build number matter when rooting phone?
- Syncing Opera Mobile/Mini with Desktop Firefox
- What is the offical name of the third on-screen button?
- Why would a free app be in the top grossing section?