There seems to be slight variations of this question that have been asked to no avail, but is there a way to mirror my pc desktop to my android device STRICTLY using a USB cable? I've seen may solutions for this using wifi such as splashtop and windows remote desktop, but my I don't have access to wifi or mobile data on my android device.View original question
Mirroring PC screen to android via USB
Ask by : Blake November 15, 2016 16:51
Answer by : TurboFoolMarch 17, 2015 02:10
No. Both ends lack functionality for this. USB isn't designed to output in this way without pricey adapters that act as port replicators, forcing your CPU to act as a virtual video card, then outputting through a video port on the replicator, and adding USB, Ethernet, etc. But then you'd need to go from that adapter to your phone, and your phone has no inputs for this type of communication, or software functionality to handle it.View original answer
Answer by : DarkShadowsX5October 29, 2015 08:00
Yes you can using "Mobile Pc Monitor" you can do just that. there is also Twomon USB but that cost $9. Download the free "Mobile Pc Monitor" app from google play and the server from http://www.usbmobilemonitor.com after installation go to display properties on you pc and click detect. change the mode to mobile pc monitor display and it should work depending on your phone. (and no pc reboot)
"TurboFool" apparently doesn't know much about data cables or software... in the end its all 1s and 0s and usb data cables and computers love those things. DVI, and HDMI cables are designed FOR monitors to connect directly to the displays control board. that gives the best refresh rates, and quality. Some phones even have Mini HDMI ports to steam video. I been doing the same thing with my psp via data cable and pspDisplay so it was a matter of time to find a program that does the same for my android phone.
You can stream video over usb via software and thats exactly what the app I mentioned does. The server program running on your PC captures the video thats sent to the monitor changes it to a usable format and sends that to the phone via data cable. The app then interprets those signals and displays the image. I been looking for the same solution for days and just found it. It works on my Galaxy S4 np. you can definitely send those 1s and 0s though the usb cable but at some loss of quality.
Both those programs give you the ability to extend your display to the phone as if it were another monitor. Thats something "PspDisplay" didn't do. you can also just duplicate one of your monitors to the phone. touch screen works as a mouse as well so its not just a monitor its a whole new input device.View original answer
- non-wipe non-unlock root for Android 2.3.3
- instant upload of camera pictures into Google picasaweb without Google+ app?
- Why does the Yahoo Mail application for Android only show message snippets in search results?
- What are some uses for the HDMI port?
- Google IO Galaxy Tab 10.1 refuses to power on, any hope of revival?
- Is there a way to check who is connected to my Galaxy Nexus hotspot
- How can I sync iTunes with a Galaxy Nexus
- How safe is android compared to other mobile platforms?
- Access Android device's file system over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Is it normal for the Galaxy Nexus to have an Odin mode?
- QR scanner that doesn't want to access my contact list
- Call Recorder not using microphone to record the other side
- Hebrew word suggestions on ICS
- Nexus One stuck in loading screen - How to save application data? (ROOTED)
- use wav file for sound notification when receiving a new Facebook/Google+ message?
- Galaxy Nexus - How do I start adding strangers' numbers to "auto-reject"?
- Why does my phone consume megabytes of traffic when idle?
- How to clear blank entries from Titanium Backup (pro)?
- How to search the Play Store by permissions?
- Disable buttons for emergency call and volume control in lock screen
- How to take backup of all installed APKs from Phone to PC?
- Is it posible to change the locale of my device?
- android what is the minimum software that must be present in my PC to detect my android phone
- Unable to enable Mobile Network settings (options greyed out). Is there any way to restore lost mobile connectivity data?
- is it 100% safe to install Custom Roms
- Android USB Gadget Driver
- Can I run Windows Phone apps on Android devices?
- What's the difference between free and premium version of Aldiko Book Reader?
- Battery Sony Ericsson XPeria Mini Pro
- Google talk in Sony Ericsson XPeria Mini Pro